Friday, May 11, 2007

What's your Love Language?

Dr. Gary Chapman addresses a very important subject in his book "The 5 Love Languages." He explains them as specific ways that you need love communicated to you in order for you to feel loved by another person. That's my paraphrase, by the way. Here's the list:

Words of Affirmation
Quality Time
Receiving Gifts
Acts of Service
Physical Touch

I mention these because I am discovering what my 3 year old son's love language is. I think it is Quality Time. And we had some really good Quality Time today. We did some gardening together, went to the chiropractor together, got a pizza for dinner together, watched Daddy work in the garage together, got a screw started in a piece of wood together... he really likes to do things TOGETHER with me. It makes him feel loved and secure. And because I love Jesus, I want to make sure that my sweet boy knows that I love HIM, too. I think it makes BOTH of them happy.

No comments: